Discussion to remove the Orange VIP name

Discussion in 'General chat' started by benn, Jan 11, 2017.

?

Should the VIP orange name be removed

This poll will close on Jun 11, 2019 at 1:08 PM.
  1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  1. benn

benn Well-Known Member

I have seen a few players using their VIP status as a source of superiority over non-VIP players. I think the main cause for this issue is the coloured name you are given when you are a VIP. VIPs already have a good enough benefit where you can spin for the VIP exclusive grandprize and the daily 500 gems. The orange name serves no purpose at all in game and new players upon global release may mistake them for one of the staff members. Definitely I won't be able to decide whether to remove it or not but it would be good if we can discuss and let the staff team know how we feel about it.

2. Gimili

Gimili Well-Known Member

I agree
    OK delete this

Also I want dark pixie back in VIP grand prize I won't buy VIP If the dark pixie wings never return in grand prize

3. Huskin

Huskin Active Member

I think it should be there, it actualy serves a purpose as a "thanks" for buying gems and for supporting them. But i agree that i see some people abusing the orange name for those who are new, but why not just spread or let the community even more informed about the orange name by placing signs in daily bonus that informs players that the orange name means vip. The orange name is actaully like a promotion or bonus that adds up to your desision because it adds the feeling of being *special*. As a person who is well informed about the game should step up to those who are abusive and let the un-informed be informed.

4. benn

benn Well-Known Member

They are already receiving 500 gems and a daily bonus spin plus a orange name exclusive to them. It's already more worth then buying a gem pack already

5. Huskin

Huskin Active Member

But the feeling of having a orange name is different, if you have bought a vip already you would know the feeling of being unique and stands out to others.

Unluckiest likes this.
  6. benn

benn Well-Known Member

I see your point. But maybe instead of the name tag change. They can have a exclusive flag?

7. Bulina

Bulina Well-Known Member

You are right, this should be removed.
    Please read this, @Commander_K @Zak @Pikalugia @Kukouri

8. Pro

Pro Well-Known Member

No. VIP is makes you special. and you need to pay money to get it. People buying for Orange name only. (not all). I think vip needs more features.

9. Zetaron

Zetaron Member

I agree this. It can provide equality between people.

10. Hinter

Hinter Well-Known Member

The color tag should not be removed, as @Pro said, cause if they removed it, you know the people who bought vip what will happen..

11. Turk

Turk Active Member

VIP has already too many features for a new game like this i dont think it needs more.

12. Pro

Pro Well-Known Member

Ya. maybe :D

13. iArash

iArash Well-Known Member

Also knowing that we'll have newcomers coming in, they might mistake their orange names as the admins for that world.

That'll make it worse as then those VIPs have more to pick on the newcomers. :(

14. Raze

Raze Member

Dude f*ck no I spend 19.99 on my VIP for my pretty name ... And also my VIP spin which I've gotten nothing from so far
    Anyways not trying to be a dick here but I do see vips as a superior to the normal player us vips have put our money into the game so we can be rewarded while our money goes to server upkeep and further development while the average player just plays

15. Raze

Raze Member

Equality.... Come talk that BS once you spend money
    The whole selling point of VIP is to be superior to your non VIP peers whether it's the nice name or the better rewards from daily bonus
    You spend money to STAND OUT

16. Raze

Raze Member

Okay well scrolled through this entire thread now my conclusion is
    Stop having a cry about something yer poor ass can't afford

17. Fiber

Fiber Active Member

The developers should somehow inform all the players that the orange colour is just a vip status so there are no mistakes again in the future

Raze likes this.
  18. Todon

Todon Well-Known Member

I don't see a reason to remove it.

Raze likes this.
  19. iMaster

iMaster Active Member

Admin names are purple and in growtopia moderator names are purple so everyone who doesnt know that they are admins thinks its a moderator. I have seen couple of people thinking admin is moderator.

20. Commander_K

Commander_K Administrator Staff Member

I see you point benn but, as some people already mentioned, the orange name is an important part of the VIP experience. So we are not removing it, although it is true that some people could try to impersonate mods/admins. Then again, I think that more experienced players would be quick to tell how things really are and the player impersonating would be shamed.

Admin names are purple and when we introduce mods into the game, they will have some other color. And certain influencers might get colored names too.

Hmmm... maybe we do need to list the different colors in the game Help in Main Menu after all. At least when we have more than 2 special colors.

Hinter and Raze like this.